BAKED RANCH CHICKEN TAQUITOS
These Baked Ranch Chicken Taquitos are a quick and easy, kid-friendly option for lunch or dinner and a great way to use up leftover chicken. Make a double batch and freeze some for a busy week!
- 1/2 Cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 Cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1.5 Cup cooked, shredded chicken (finely chopped)
- 1.2 Cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 2-3 Tbsp Ranch dressing
- 5 whole wheat tortillas, cut in half
- optional: ranch, guac or salsa for drizzle/dipping, tomatoes, green onions for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mash black beans with a potato masher or fork until paste-like.
- Add hummus and taco seasoning and mix well.
- Add chicken, cheese and ranch and stir to combine.
- Place 2-3 Tbsp of the mixture in each half-tortilla and roll tightly.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes.
- Drizzle with additional ranch if desired, garnish with tomato and green onion, serve with ranch, guac or salsa for dipping.
To freeze: Assemble as directed. Freeze on a plate or baking sheet. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in ziploc bag in the freezer. Bake from frozen for 12-14 minutes. If you don’t like Ranch, you can leave it out. You can also add extra cheese or beans if you want and you can leave the beans whole if desired.