Beetroot Tambuli Recipe is must try recipe in your kitchen. Made with simple ingredients and brining together yogurt, beetroot and a freshly ground coconut masala all in one. This beet root tambuli is best served with steamed rice and a palya for a simple weekday lunch.
Course: Side Dish
Beetroot Tambuli Recipe Ingredients
1 Beetroot , grated
1/2 cup Curd whisked
Salt , to taste
For the coconut masala
1/4 cup Fresh coconut , grated
1 Green Chilli
1 tasp Cumin seeds
1/2 tasp Whole Black Pepper Corns
For the tadka
1 tasp Coconut Oil
1/2 tasp Mustard seeds
1/2 tasp Cumin seeds
1/2 tasp White Urad Dal
1 Dry Red Chilli , broken
2 sprig Curry leaves
How to make Beetroot Tambuli Recipe
- To begin making Beetroot Tambuli Recipe, prep all the ingredients and keep ready
- To cook the beetroot; heat oil in a pan over medium heat; add the beetroot along with a little salt and cook for a few minutes until soft. Once soft, turn off the heat and allow the beetroot to cool.
- To grind the coconut masala, in a mixer jar, combine the fresh coconut, cooked beetroot, along with green chilli, cumin seeds and whole peppercorns. Add ½ cup of warm to make a smooth coconut masala, set aside.
- To make the Beetroot Tambuli, in a large bowl, combine the whisked curd and the freshly ground coconut-beetroot masala and season with salt.
- For the tadka, heat oil in a tadka pan over medium heat; add the mustard, cumin seeds and split urad, and allow it to crackle and the dal to turn golden brown and crisp. Next add in the red chilli and curry leaves and roast for a few seconds and turn off the heat.
- Pour this tadka on the beetroot tambuli, and serve.