- 2 to 2.25 cups cream (25% to 50% fat)
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup condensed milk
- ½ cup tightly packed brown sugar
How to make chocolate ice cream
1. First take all the ingredients – 2 to 2.25 cups cream (25% to 50% fat), ¼ cup milk, ½ cup cocoa powder, ½ cup condensed milk and ½ cup tightly packed brown sugar. You can also use regular sugar or half-half of both regular sugar or brown sugar
2. Now take milk in a pan and add the brown sugar.
3. Keep this pan on stove stop on a low flame and with a whisk or spoon stir continuously till the sugar dissolves.
4. Once all the sugar is dissolved, then keep the pan down.
5. Add cocoa powder & Mix very well.
6. Add the condensed milk & Add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
7,.Mix very well and keep this mixture aside. Let this chocolate mixture cool at room temperature.
8.Take chilled cream in a stand mixer and begin to whip it on high speed, till stiff peaks. You can also use an electric beater to whip.
9. Whip till you get stiff peaks. The cream will increase in volume and when you turn the bowl down, the cream should not fall. Or when you take the whipped cream in a spatula or spoon and turn it down, the cream won’t fall.
Making chocolate ice cream
10. Then add the chocolate mixture. Now gently and with light hands, fold the chocolate mixture in the whipped cream. Do not mix, but fold it.
11.The cream should not loose its peaks or volume and fall flat. So fold gently and slowly and Fold very well
12.Now add the ice cream mixture in a container or box.Close the lid tightly and keep the ice cream container or box in the freezer. Freeze for 8 to 9 hours or overnight or till the ice cream is set.
13.Before serving, remove the ice cream box from the freezer and let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes. Then scoop out chocolate ice cream with an ice cream scooper. If you are not able to scoop the ice cream easily, then let the ice cream be at room temperature for 5 to 6 minutes. If its too hot where you live, then a couple of minutes is fine.