Crispy Home-made Beef Samosa Recipe
The best I’ve tried! The Best Beef Samosas recipe uses easy homemade crispy pastry & a delicious filling of beef, potatoes & super flavourful Indian spices.
Servings: 32 samosa
For Samosa Dough
- 3 Cup Flour
- 1/2 Tbsp salt
- 4 Tbsp vegetable Oil
- 3 Cup Water
For Beef Filling
- 2 large Potato Peeled
- 1 Cup Frozen Peas
- 1/2 Tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Bay Beef
- 2 Large Onion Finely chopped
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 4 Cloves Garlic Crushed
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Ginger Root
- 1/2 Tbsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Ground Cumin
- 1 Tbsp Ground Couriander
- 1 Tbsp Ground Tumeric
- 1 Tbsp Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Ground Cinamen
- 1/2 Tbsp Ground Cardamom
- 2 Tbsp Ground Ciliandro Chopped
- 2 Tbsp Green Chilli Pepper Chopped
- 1 Quart Oil for Deep frying
- Package Phyllo Dough
- Bring a medium saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Stir in potatoes and peas.
- Cook until potatoes are tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain, mash together and set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium high heat, heat the oil. Brown cumin seeds and bay leaf. Mix in onions and ground beef.
- Cook until beef is evenly brown and onions are soft, about 5 minutes. Mix in garlic, fresh ginger root.
- Season with black pepper, salt, cumin, coriander, turmeric, chili powder, cinnamon and cardamom.
- Stir in the mashed potato mixture. Remove from heat and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour, or until cool.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy saucepan over high heat.
- Mix cilantro and green chile peppers into the potato and beef mixture.
- Place approximately 1 tablespoon of the mixture onto each phyllo sheet.
- Fold sheets into triangles, pressing edges together with moistened fingers.
- In small batches, fry until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels and serve warm.