SAUSAGE AND EGG BREAD BOAT
This Sausage and Egg Bread Boat is a perfect holiday breakfast or an easy brunch recipe! It can be prepped in just a few minutes and then you can just pop it in the oven and go spend time with your guests.
- 1 large loaf Italian bread
- 2-3 chicken sausages (fully cooked), diced
- 1/2 Cup cup red bell peppers, diced
- 1/4 Cup cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 Tbsp paprika
- 8 Handsome Brook Farm organic pasture raised eggs
- optional: onions, cheese, other veggies
- Cut a large rectangle in the top of the loaf of bread (being careful not to cut through the bottom.
- Remove top of rectangle and pull out most of the middle of the bread. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Add sliced sausages, peppers, green onions and spices into the middle of the bread.
- Crack eggs into a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Carefully pour eggs into the middle of the bread being careful not to overflow.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 min to an hour, until eggs are set. Cooking time will depend on the size of your loaf.
- After 30 minutes, you can cover with foil and increase oven temperature to 400 degrees.
- Slice and serve.
Serve over sauteed spinach. I cook mine in a skillet with a little butter and some garlic powder.