Mutton Pickle Recipe
Pickled pieces of cooked boneless mutton.
- 500 Gram boneless mutton cooked with salt in a pressure cooker cut into small pieces
- 3-4 Tbsp Oil plus some more for cooking
- 2 Tbsp Mustard seeds
- 18-20 Curry Leaves
- 2 Inch piece of ginger
- 1/2 Tbsp Turmeric powder
- 1 Tbsp Cumin powder
- 1 Tbsp mustard powder
- 1 Tbsp red chili powder + 2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 Cup Vinegar
- juice from 1 lemon
- salt to taste
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai. Heat 3-4 tablespoons oil in a non-stick pan.
- Roughly chop dried red chilies. Add mustard seeds, curry leaves, cloves and ginger to the pan and mix well. Add red chilies and mix well
- Now add turmeric powder and mix again.
- Switch off the heat, cool down the mixture to room temperature and add cumin powder, mustard powder, salt and 1 tablespoon red chili powder and mix well.
- Deep-fry the mutton pieces in hot oil till crisp.
- Drain and add the mutton pieces to the pan and mix well. Adjust salt and add remaining red chili powder and mix well.
- Take out 2-3 ladles full of hot oil from the kadai and add to the pan and mix well.
- Cool down the mixture to room temperature. Add lemon juice and vinegar and mix well.
- Transfer the mutton pickle into a sterilized bottle and pour another 1-2 ladles full of hot oil from the kadai on top. Screw on the lid and store.
- Serve as required.