Prawn Biryani Recipe
A delicious spiced rice dish with prawns.
- 300 gms prawns, shelled, cleaned, and washed
- 1/2 Tbsp Turmeric powder
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 cup cup onion paste
- 1/4 Tbsp garam masala
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 cup cup Cream
- 1 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1 cup fried onions
- 1 cup rice-boiled till almost done
- Oil to pan fry
- Mix the turmeric, chilli powder, salt, ginger, garlic, onion, garam masala and half cup yogurt to make the marinade. Marinate the prawns in it for half an hour.
- Heat the oil and sauté the prawn mixture in it over high heat, till brown. Take the prawns off the heat and mix in the rest of the yogurt, cream, coriander and half the fried onions.
- Place half the rice in a greased pan in a layer. Add the fish mixture in a layer over this and cover with the rest of the rice.
- Seal the pan and place over low heat for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve hot.