Try this delicious and healthy breakfast recipe having the goodness of Jowar and mixed vegetables. A comforting breakfast option that is filling and tasty. Serve with chai or a bowl of fruits on the side for a complete meal.
Cuisine:SOUTH INDIAN RECIPE
Course: SOUTH INDIAN BREKFAST
Jowar and Vegetable Porridge Recipe Ingredients
1/4 cup Jowar Seeds , ground to a coarse mix
1/2 cup Green beans , finely chopped
1/2 cup Carrots , finely chopped
1 Green Chilli , finely chopped
1 sprig Curry leaves
2 tesp Coriander Leaves , finely chopped for garnish
1 teap Mustard seeds
1 teap oil
Salt , to taste
How to make Jowar and Vegetable Porridge Recipe
- To begin making Jowar and Vegetable Porridge Recipe, pressure cook the coarsely ground jowar with 4 cups of water and salt for 4 whistles using a pressure cooker. Keep aside.
- Now heat oil in a wide pan, add the mustard seeds and let it crackle.
- After the mustard seeds have crackles add the green chillies, curry leaves and let it splutter.
- Once done add the beans, carrot and a pinch of salt and saute for 2 minutes till the vegetables are cooked yet crunchy in texture.
- Now, add in the cooked jowar to the pan, and some water, season with salt and simmer Jowar and Vegetable Porridge for 5 minutes.
- Once the Jowar and Vegetable Porridge reaches the desired consistency turn off the heat and garnish Jowar and Vegetable Porridge with coriander leaves.
- Serve the Jowar and Vegetable Porridge Recipe along with a healthy breakfast.