Thai Coconut Garlic Rice Recipe is a delicious rice recipe, where the rice is cooked with fried garlic and coconut milk to lend those lovely Thai notes to the dish. It makes a perfect rice to go along with a hot curry
Course: Main cours
Thai Coconut Garlic Rice Recipe Ingredients
1Tbsp Coconut Oil
4 cloves Garlic , finely chopped
1 cup Rice , washed and soaked in water for 20 minutes
1 cup Water
‘1 cup Coconut milk
1 sprig Coriander Leaves , finely chopped
Salt , to taste
For The toasted coconut and garlic garnish
1tesb coconut oil
4 cloves Garlic , cut lengthwise
2 tbsp Dry coconut, cut into thin strips
How to make Thai Coconut Garlic Rice Recipe
- To begin making the Thai Coconut Garlic Rice Recipe, in a pressure cooker heat the coconut oil on medium-low flame, to this hot oil add the garlic and saute for about 40 seconds or until the garlic begins to change colour to a light brown.
- Once the garlic is slightly brown reduce the heat, add in the washed and drained rice, 1 cup of water, 1 cup of coconut milk, some salt to taste and close the pressure cooker.
- Pressure cook the Thai Coconut Garlic Rice for 2 whistles and turn off the flame.
- Allow the pressure to release naturally, then transfer the Thai Coconut Garlic Rice to a serving platter and set aside.
To make the toasted coconut and garlic garnish
- In a tadka pan, add the coconut oil over medium heat, once hot add in the coconut strips and garlic chips and saute for about 2 minutes, till they are crispy and turn brown in colour.
- Turn off the heat.
- Garnish the Thai Coconut Garlic Rice with the chopped coriander leaves and toasted coconut and garlic chips.